You are not connected. Please login or register

Computer Talk

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

1 Computer Talk on Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:54 am

Bretdaniel

I Just got here!
First topic message reminder :

If your a nerd like me and love upgrading your computer and maxing out gfx with the latest gfx cards, best sound with sound cards or bigger beefier processors. Post all of that in here and we can discuss it. Even if you want some info on upgrade to what and why just ask =]

101 Re: Computer Talk on Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:13 am

Kamikaze

I Just got here!

I bought it used for $399.00
Overclocking it to 4.00GHz wasn't much of a problem, since it's an Extreme edition CPU. It didn't take like a day or two to get it stable as I thought it would with most CPU's.

102 Re: Computer Talk on Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:57 am

Kamikaze

I Just got here!
A little bit of a better now. Less cluttered since I broke down an old shelf in my garage and made a desk out of it!

103 Re: Computer Talk on Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:46 pm

T@D

*pWp*Founder*
*pWp*Founder*
Nice pics.

It's a good thing you kept the boxes for your video cards. So when you take them for a walk in the evening during the winter months, they won't get cold.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

"Science adjusts it's views based on what's observed.... Faith is the denial of observation so that beliefs can be preserved."

*{CHS}* Putch: im bringing sexxy back
*pWp*T@D*: I brought it back. But you are more then welcomed to fluff it.

<-H$*SoStoned / Pillies -: whos your quake fun person of the year taddie bear?!?!??!
*pWp*T@D*: me... dipshit.
*pWp*T@D*: Im the fun
http://www.pwpclan.org

104 Re: Computer Talk on Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:53 pm

Kamikaze

I Just got here!
They got a life time warranty, so if one of my cards happen to fail for any given reason, I can send it out to EVGA and get new GTX 465 for free. It took me a whole day to get used to the Razer Lachesis. The only place I can put my right thumb on the side of the mouse is on top of the two side buttons. It's a good thing you really gotta apply some pressure to the buttons to make them click. I'm just going to buy another Logitech G9x. It doesn't feel like my video cards are being bottleneck due to the Q6600 I had in there. Now that I got an extreme edition quad core CPU, it's up to performance. I can overclock as far as I wish, being that it's an extreme edition, the QX9650 has an unlocked multiplier. As for overclocking on the non extreme edition processors, until you can't boot into windows, you go back to the overclock you previously had, and that will let you know that's as far as you can go on it. But that's not an issue for me, using the Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9650 at 4.0GHz. Laughing

105 Re: Computer Talk on Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:03 pm

T@D

*pWp*Founder*
*pWp*Founder*
Kamikaze wrote:They got a life time warranty, so if one of my cards happen to fail for any given reason, I can send it out to EVGA and get new GTX 465 for free.

You don't need to save the box for that though.

And the rest of your post went way over my head.....Or maybe that I only read the 1st 3 words after the quote Smile

__________________________________________________________________________________________

"Science adjusts it's views based on what's observed.... Faith is the denial of observation so that beliefs can be preserved."

*{CHS}* Putch: im bringing sexxy back
*pWp*T@D*: I brought it back. But you are more then welcomed to fluff it.

<-H$*SoStoned / Pillies -: whos your quake fun person of the year taddie bear?!?!??!
*pWp*T@D*: me... dipshit.
*pWp*T@D*: Im the fun

106 Re: Computer Talk on Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:48 pm

Kamikaze

I Just got here!
Razz

107 Re: Computer Talk on Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:20 am

Haunter

Quake III Member
Quake III Member

(Not turd walls T@D)! Lol.

My small setup. Hehe.

108 Re: Computer Talk on Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:22 pm

silent

Quake III Member
Quake III Member
I got a 6870 for xmas so my 4890 is going to replace the 7600 in my E6400 build for my htpc. Very Happy

109 Re: Computer Talk on Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:20 pm

nodata

Quake Live Member
Quake Live Member
I got all this for Christmas

Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 2.80GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
Memory: 1536MB RAM
Hard Drive: 500 GB
Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 4300/4500 Series
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.100618-1621)

My job isn't to dive feet first into hell, but to make sure it's crowded when I get there.
Death is peace.

110 Re: Computer Talk on Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:01 am

silent

Quake III Member
Quake III Member
Wtf 1.5gbs of ram?

111 Re: Computer Talk on Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:04 am

nodata

Quake Live Member
Quake Live Member
Yeah...that's a lot more than my last comp >.>

My job isn't to dive feet first into hell, but to make sure it's crowded when I get there.
Death is peace.

112 Re: Computer Talk on Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:55 am

silent

Quake III Member
Quake III Member
Its just an odd amount lol
Usually 1 2 4 6 8GB
ive never seen anyone usde 1.5 before

113 Re: Computer Talk on Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:53 am

nodata

Quake Live Member
Quake Live Member
Well, it came with 1 gig and we added another half to it. Lol

Death is peace.

114 Re: Computer Talk on Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:51 pm

Merky

Im here fairly often!
I bought my self a new computer monitor. Haven't taken any pics of my setup, maybe I should.

Samsung P2450H 24-inch Widescreen Full HD 1920 x 1080p Monitor (2ms, HDMI, Rose Red)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-P2450H-24-inch-Widescreen-Monitor/dp/tech-data/B002DPYQSW/ref=de_a_smtd

Got it from amazon because it was a good price considering what it is. Smile Didn't realize 1080p looked so good lol.

http://www.hsclan.co.nr

115 Re: Computer Talk on Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:12 pm

nodata

Quake Live Member
Quake Live Member
Sexy Surprised

Death is peace.

116 Re: Computer Talk on Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:13 pm

Stillborn

Quake III Member
Quake III Member
Those are some sexy setups you guys got.

http://www.youtube.com/soundgravity

117 Re: Computer Talk on Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:19 pm

nodata

Quake Live Member
Quake Live Member
My setup is shit...but I like my computer...I'll take pics at some point

Death is peace.

118 Re: Computer Talk on Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:17 pm

Stillborn

Quake III Member
Quake III Member
I rearranged my stuff a few days ago, but the pic is on my phone...

http://www.youtube.com/soundgravity

119 Re: Computer Talk on Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:49 pm

silent

Quake III Member
Quake III Member
Here are some updates! Kind of hard to read, sorry.

120 Re: Computer Talk on Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:47 am

Kamikaze

I Just got here!
Merky wrote:

Video cards at stock clock speeds, and the Intel Core i7 920 CPU @ 4.0GHz (overclocked processor).
Enlarge the image, to see the fonts. Wink
This is only an update with that petst_x64.EXE link that T@D sent. Smile

Now for a rig update:

121 Re: Computer Talk on Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:13 am

Killbox

Quake III Member
Quake III Member
Is my penis upgradeable? I heard it has some pretty beefy performance.

Forever one, forever eternal, forever pWp
Omniscient, Forever, I am sentient.

122 Re: Computer Talk on Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:27 pm

Kamikaze

I Just got here!
Just an update. Smile

123 Re: Computer Talk on Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:17 pm

maX!ma

Quake Live Member
Quake Live Member
JARED ARE YOU HIDING HERE?

*pWp*T@D - people should know by now... pwp is like a "gang". Fuck with someone in our forums... and you get it back.

124 Re: Computer Talk on Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:59 pm

silent

Quake III Member
Quake III Member
I'm currently working on a Focus 2001. You're all jealous of my vintage keyboards. I should make a keyboard thread!

125 Re: Computer Talk on Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:02 pm

nodata

Quake Live Member
Quake Live Member
Lol

Death is peace.

126 Re: Computer Talk on Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:02 pm

maX!ma

Quake Live Member
Quake Live Member
nodata wrote:Lol

*pWp*T@D - people should know by now... pwp is like a "gang". Fuck with someone in our forums... and you get it back.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum