You are not connected. Please login or register

Computer Talk

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

1 Computer Talk on Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:54 am

Bretdaniel

I Just got here!
First topic message reminder :

If your a nerd like me and love upgrading your computer and maxing out gfx with the latest gfx cards, best sound with sound cards or bigger beefier processors. Post all of that in here and we can discuss it. Even if you want some info on upgrade to what and why just ask =]

76 Re: Computer Talk on Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:26 pm

T@D

*pWp*Founder*
*pWp*Founder*
Friends?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

jk.

http://www.pwpclan.org

77 Re: Computer Talk on Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:32 pm

Kamikaze

I Just got here!
Yeah, get some for once! O:<

78 Re: Computer Talk on Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:35 pm

nodata

Quake Live Member
Quake Live Member
Fri-ends?

__________________________________________________________________________________________

My job isn't to dive feet first into hell, but to make sure it's crowded when I get there.
Death is peace.

79 Re: Computer Talk on Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:50 pm

Kamikaze

I Just got here!
wat

80 Re: Computer Talk on Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:54 pm

nodata

Quake Live Member
Quake Live Member
Not worth explaining...

__________________________________________________________________________________________

My job isn't to dive feet first into hell, but to make sure it's crowded when I get there.
Death is peace.

81 Re: Computer Talk on Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:09 am

T@D

*pWp*Founder*
*pWp*Founder*
Fire-end.....Means he wants to touch your man muffins with his meat candle.

Oh, fri, not fire. Sorry.

But either way, I'm still right.

"Science adjusts it's views based on what's observed.... Faith is the denial of observation so that beliefs can be preserved."

*{CHS}* Putch: im bringing sexxy back
*pWp*T@D*: I brought it back. But you are more then welcomed to fluff it.

<-H$*SoStoned / Pillies -: whos your quake fun person of the year taddie bear?!?!??!
*pWp*T@D*: me... dipshit.
*pWp*T@D*: Im the fun

82 Re: Computer Talk on Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:12 am

nodata

Quake Live Member
Quake Live Member
>.>

Death is peace.

83 Re: Computer Talk on Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:57 am

Kamikaze

I Just got here!

Forgot to add my sexy headphones. >:>
I wear them outside in the cold as earmuffs and music on my Samsung S3. q:
I wanted to get gaming headphones that are not USB 2.0 ports. So I got the Steelseries Siberia V2, that plugs straight into my Razer AC-1 sound card.

84 Re: Computer Talk on Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:26 am

nodata

Quake Live Member
Quake Live Member
I'ma murder you and steal your computer stuff!

Or at least the headphones!

Death is peace.

85 Re: Computer Talk on Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:33 am

tool

Retired
Retired
You don't need to murder him. He is a kamikaze after all. Just declare World War III.

http://www.myspace.com/kaylaandme

86 Re: Computer Talk on Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:49 am

Kamikaze

I Just got here!
¦]

87 Re: Computer Talk on Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:01 pm

Merky

Im here fairly often!
Update:
I got my full 6gb ddr3 tri-channel finally working after months, the problem was that I needed a certain BIOS update, then had to manually and slowly adjust voltages of memory and other parts in the bios, then do another bios update and it worked Smile

New result:

+156 score from last time by adding 2gb and making it tri-channel ddr3 to the last, seems so insignificant... :l

I want an SSD.

http://www.hsclan.co.nr

88 Re: Computer Talk on Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:55 pm

nodata

Quake Live Member
Quake Live Member
tool wrote:You don't need to murder him. He is a kamikaze after all. Just declare World War III.

I don't have enough data to do that =/

Death is peace.

89 Re: Computer Talk on Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:42 am

silent

Quake III Member
Quake III Member
Well I didnt tell any of you but I accidentally overwrote my overclock profile on my bios by accident. I couldnt remember what cpu/nb voltage I had so I am trying to get my 2600mhz cpu/nb back. =( (Also I gave up on my shitty OCZ ram and will just ignore its lack of efficiency for now)

Edit: I am testing stability with Garrys Mod since prime95 went 5.2hrs and came up with 0 errors and Garrys Mod crashed within minutes. Currently trying 2600 cpu/nb with 1.35v

90 Re: Computer Talk on Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:46 am

nodata

Quake Live Member
Quake Live Member
silent wrote:Well I didnt tell any of you but I accidentally overwrote my overclock profile on my bios by accident. I couldnt remember what cpu/nb voltage I had so I am trying to get my 2600mhz cpu/nb back. =( (Also I gave up on my shitty OCZ ram and will just ignore its lack of efficiency for now)

Edit: I am testing stability with Garrys Mod since prime95 went 5.2hrs and came up with 0 errors and Garrys Mod crashed within minutes. Currently trying 2600 cpu/nb with 1.35v

Redundant. =P

Death is peace.

91 Re: Computer Talk on Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:56 am

T@D

*pWp*Founder*
*pWp*Founder*
silent wrote:Well I didnt tell any of you but I accidentally overwrote my overclock profile on my bios by accident. I couldnt remember what cpu/nb voltage I had so I am trying to get my 2600mhz cpu/nb back. =( (Also I gave up on my shitty OCZ ram and will just ignore its lack of efficiency for now)

"What the hell is a jigawatt?

"Science adjusts it's views based on what's observed.... Faith is the denial of observation so that beliefs can be preserved."

*{CHS}* Putch: im bringing sexxy back
*pWp*T@D*: I brought it back. But you are more then welcomed to fluff it.

<-H$*SoStoned / Pillies -: whos your quake fun person of the year taddie bear?!?!??!
*pWp*T@D*: me... dipshit.
*pWp*T@D*: Im the fun

92 Re: Computer Talk on Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:57 am

nodata

Quake Live Member
Quake Live Member
T@D wrote:

"What the hell is a jigawatt?

"Where the hell do you see that?

Death is peace.

93 Re: Computer Talk on Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:18 pm

Kamikaze

I Just got here!
nodata wrote:
tool wrote:You don't need to murder him. He is a kamikaze after all. Just declare World War III.

I got my Western Digital 1TB (1000GB hard disk space) for $54.99
I could buy one for you so you can war me.

94 Re: Computer Talk on Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:29 pm

nodata

Quake Live Member
Quake Live Member

Death is peace.

95 Re: Computer Talk on Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:01 am

Kamikaze

I Just got here!
?

96 Re: Computer Talk on Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:22 am

nodata

Quake Live Member
Quake Live Member
Kamikaze wrote:
nodata wrote:

I got my Western Digital 1TB (1000GB hard disk space) for $54.99
I could buy one for you so you can war me.

Those...

Death is peace.

97 Re: Computer Talk on Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:09 am

Kamikaze

I Just got here!
Okay, check this. A bit of a random search on google, typing "Q6600", and I found this.

I took my Q6600 CPU out the socket of my board and put a piece of black electrical tape, shown from the image I found. The whole idea of this is called "tape modding" on processors. It's been around for a while. Now, about the Intel Q6600 CPU and the tiny piece of tape over one specific pin in the picture. The Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 is originally a 1066MHz FSB (Front side bus) speed CPU, with the piece of electrical tape over that one pin in the picture, I now have a 1333MHz FSB CPU. As a bonus with that tape mod, it automatically gives you a overclock from 2400MHz core clock (2.40GHz) to 3000MHz (3.00GHz).

Here is screenshot's of my CPU-Z.
BEFORE

AFTER (with the tape mod over that one little pin in the picture)

Pretty interesting, knowing I don't have to tweak my CPU multiplier or my voltage in the BIOS to have that overclock and FSB. Never underestimate the LGA775 socket CPU's, they're capable of more than you can possibly imagine. JEALOUS MUCH?! HUH HUH?

98 Re: Computer Talk on Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:34 am

Merky

Im here fairly often!
Thanks for that, never knew anything of the sort. Will look into this more.

99 Re: Computer Talk on Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:49 pm

silent

Quake III Member
Quake III Member
Wow awesome find, it seems to work on most socket 775 processors. I'll have to do it to my old E2180 to try it out.

Edit: Heres a little more info http://www.overclock.net/intel-cpus/341123-intel-bsel-vid-mod-guide.html

100 Re: Computer Talk on Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:45 pm

Merky

Im here fairly often!
Seems kinda dangerous...

101 Re: Computer Talk on Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:13 am

Kamikaze

I Just got here!

I bought it used for $399.00
Overclocking it to 4.00GHz wasn't much of a problem, since it's an Extreme edition CPU. It didn't take like a day or two to get it stable as I thought it would with most CPU's.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum