Idea

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

1 Idea on Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:43 am

T@D

*pWp*Founder*
*pWp*Founder*
First topic message reminder :

I was, as always, thinking about figuring something to add to teh forums to boost traffic. Those that know me well, know that's always something important to me for some reason Smile

I came up with an idea..... I'd like feedback and maybe suggestions to help me fine tune it if it's worth it to do.

I was thinking of making a new thread topic called "Time Capsule" It would server as a journal for individuals that would like to take part. It would be a permanent fixture that can be later revisited for memories, thoughts, and even maybe be reminders on how things were solved from past experiences. It can be a really good thing to revisit a snapshot of your life later on down the road. Where you were, what you were thinking, what you were doing.... what you hopped for the future. I'll give more details in a second...

1 thing that tends to happen in most threads is the detours off topic. 9 times out of 10, it's perfectly fine and usually humorous. I'm not complaining at all. Some topics accumulate quite a bit of spam as well. Again, perfectly fine. I just think there is times, on fairly rare occasions that topics should stay the way the creator intended them to. Granted, there's no real way to do that..... but maybe now there will be.

Here's how I envisioned this would work. I would make a new section in the "get to know the community" topic. This section will be and remain LOCKED. Every week we will pick 1 person who can open a thread. They will be the only person that will be able to post in that thread. The thread will run from Monday to Friday. On Friday night, it will be locked. Then Monday morning, the next person picked will have their own thread. When we have come full circle of participants, the cycle will start over and someone who has had the chance will get it again. Their topic will be unlocked and they can refer back to things they said before, or just continue on.

To detail the idea more....

Consider this your "own" page. You can type what you want, share what you want..... and not have to worry about anyone replying. For some this can be a way to vent about their personal problems. For some, a way to share with fourm-mates things about them. FOr others it may be a simple way to problem solve situations they have in their life. Consider it a "locked facebook". Nothing sucks more when you have people prodding out of you information you prefer not to share. If you lost a gf or bf..... maybe you want to post something, but don't want people bugging you for information.... you will be able to. Maybe you bought something you are proud of and don't want people picking on you about it.... you will be able to. This will be a 1 way thread, just for that current person. At teh end of the week, I will make a post thanking you for your thread and maybe throwing in some advice or information if needed Smile

Some who have known me for a long time know things that happened in my past. I had a thread locked just for me to express my feelings.... it was therapeutic at the very least. Sometimes it's nice to just be able to express thoughts or feelings without the fear of a rebuttal.

As always, there will be rules.... but those can come later. The 1 thing is that this is open for ANYONE who is a member of the forums. This is NOT a clan only thing.

Ideas and or suggestions would be appreciated.

-T@D-

__________________________________________________________________________________________

"Science adjusts it's views based on what's observed.... Faith is the denial of observation so that beliefs can be preserved."

*{CHS}* Putch: im bringing sexxy back
*pWp*T@D*: I brought it back. But you are more then welcomed to fluff it.

<-H$*SoStoned / Pillies -: whos your quake fun person of the year taddie bear?!?!??!
*pWp*T@D*: me... dipshit.
*pWp*T@D*: Im the fun
http://www.pwpclan.org

51 Re: Idea on Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:06 pm

maX!ma

Quake Live Member
Quake Live Member
Lets play the quite game? (no posting on this topic jared or nodata)

READY SET STFU AND GO

52 Re: Idea on Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:38 pm

nodata

Quake Live Member
Quake Live Member
maX!ma wrote:Lets play the quite game? (no posting on this topic jared or nodata)

READY SET STFU AND GO

never heard of the quite game, i have however heard of the quiet game

__________________________________________________________________________________________

My job isn't to dive feet first into hell, but to make sure it's crowded when I get there.
Death is peace.

53 Re: Idea on Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:49 pm

T@D

*pWp*Founder*
*pWp*Founder*
The quiet game is quite a game, so I hear.

"Science adjusts it's views based on what's observed.... Faith is the denial of observation so that beliefs can be preserved."

<-H$*SoStoned / Pillies -: whos your quake fun person of the year taddie bear?!?!??!

54 Re: Idea on Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:15 pm

T@D

*pWp*Founder*
*pWp*Founder*
The section is up in the "get to know the community" forum.

Can someone besides an admin and Max check to see if they can post there?

Also, who ever is picked will be able to also make 1 poll if they like.... asking what ever they want to. Everyone in the forums will be able to vote, but not reply. This may give some insight to questions they may have and get a feel of what teh general public of the forums think.

If they want to create an new poll, they will have to delete the 1st poll 1st. Maybe later, if it's important to have polls, I will allow more then 1 thread per person and just merge them after the week is over... but we will get into that later.

55 Re: Idea on Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:55 pm

T@D

*pWp*Founder*
*pWp*Founder*
Rules posted:

http://www.pwpclan.org/time-capsule-f85/rules-for-this-section-t7583.htm

56 Re: Idea on Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:05 pm

nodata

Quake Live Member
Quake Live Member
i tried, it wouldn't let me, so you have succeeded in your mission

My job isn't to dive feet first into hell, but to make sure it's crowded when I get there.
Death is peace.

57 Re: Idea on Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:05 pm

T@D

*pWp*Founder*
*pWp*Founder*
Ty. Spooner checked as well. So all is ready for tomorrow Smile

58 Re: Idea on Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:10 pm

nodata

Quake Live Member
Quake Live Member
rockin, now, where would i post random screenies?

Death is peace.

59 Re: Idea on Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:12 pm

T@D

*pWp*Founder*
*pWp*Founder*

60 Re: Idea on Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:13 pm

maX!ma

Quake Live Member
Quake Live Member
lmfao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*pWp*T@D - people should know by now... pwp is like a "gang". Fuck with someone in our forums... and you get it back.

61 Re: Idea on Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:27 pm

nodata

Quake Live Member
Quake Live Member
xDDDDDD

i found where to anyway Razz

Death is peace.

62 Re: Idea on Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:56 pm

T@D

*pWp*Founder*
*pWp*Founder*
Need some more people to sign up for this section. Next in line is Clip... then no one else has signed up....

You don't have to be in pwp to sign up.... Just shoot m a PM.

And read rules... http://www.pwpclan.org/time-capsule-f85/rules-for-this-section-t7583.htm

63 Re: Idea on Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:36 pm

nodata

Quake Live Member
Quake Live Member
i opt to not do this...i'm not comfortable with everyone reading about my life, whether i do it the way you are or the way the others did it

Death is peace.

64 Re: Idea on Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:47 pm

Clip_

Quake Live Member
Quake Live Member
nub >:l

(●̮̮̃•̃). Hello , Ima Monster
Song of the Week (ADMIT IT!!!)
Just Breathe.
-------------------
QuakeLive: Driven
Yahoo: Clip_Driven

65 Re: Idea on Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:09 pm

nodata

Quake Live Member
Quake Live Member
i've learned from personal experience that telling everyone everything will turn out badly for me...

Death is peace.

66 Re: Idea on Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:01 pm

rush

Quake Live Member
Quake Live Member
nodata wrote:i've learned from personal experience that telling everyone everything will turn out badly for me...

this is the internet, who gives a fuck?

They tried to fight him
Just couldn't beat him
This manic depressive
Who walks in the rain
http://uscpmpickup.com

67 Re: Idea on Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:55 pm

Clip_

Quake Live Member
Quake Live Member
rush wrote:this is the internet, who gives a fuck?

(●̮̮̃•̃). Hello , Ima Monster
Song of the Week (ADMIT IT!!!)
Just Breathe.
-------------------
QuakeLive: Driven
Yahoo: Clip_Driven

68 Re: Idea on Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:35 pm

T@D

*pWp*Founder*
*pWp*Founder*
You can share what music you like, what movies you saw that week...

It doesn't have to be about you as a person... It's suppose to be about your week. Thats why I called it Time Capsule. It's a snapshot of you and what you liked or were thinking a particular week of your life.

69 Re: Idea on Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:01 pm

rush

Quake Live Member
Quake Live Member
yea you can pull a tad and make a timeline or pull a me and go total emo

They tried to fight him
Just couldn't beat him
This manic depressive
Who walks in the rain

70 Re: Idea on Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:47 am

nodata

Quake Live Member
Quake Live Member
if i do it, it'll be both...

Death is peace.

71 Re: Idea on Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:02 am

Haunter

Quake III Member
Quake III Member
Tad, could you add a "tl;dr" (too long; didn't read) version at the bottom of your wall of words, please? It's not that I am lazy or have A.D.H.D, anything like that. It's just reading isn't mine (and maybe some other people(s)) thing. Especially if it's straining to the eyes reading a huge wall.. It kind of puts me off posting in some topics. : [

tl;dr: Add tl;dr, do not like wall of text.

(See? I find that it makes forums a better place).

72 Re: Idea on Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:29 pm

rush

Quake Live Member
Quake Live Member
use the spoiler tag function for your walls of text, and then add a tl;dr summary after it

ex:
jeje:
WALLOFTEXTHERE

tl;dr:
lesstexthere

forum code
Code:
[spoiler=jeje]WALLOFTEXTHERE[/spoiler]

[spoiler=tl;dr]lesstexthere[/spoiler]

They tried to fight him
Just couldn't beat him
This manic depressive
Who walks in the rain

73 Re: Idea on Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:41 pm

T@D

*pWp*Founder*
*pWp*Founder*
Or just don't read it.

I use teh "scroll wheel" on my mouse....Shows the entire post.....

74 Re: Idea on Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:08 pm

T@D

*pWp*Founder*
*pWp*Founder*
Anyone want to be next? If no one PM's me Friday that's new, we can start the list over?

75 Re: Idea on Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:53 am

nodata

Quake Live Member
Quake Live Member
i guess i'll be next...

Death is peace.

76 Re: Idea on Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:53 am

Despicable

I Just got here!
You should make a forum-thingy where we just post all of our xfires... I don't have a single person added. Neutral

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum