You are not connected. Please login or register

$62,500 songs.

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1 $62,500 songs. on Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:55 pm

T@D

*pWp*Founder*
*pWp*Founder*

__________________________________________________________________________________________

"Science adjusts it's views based on what's observed.... Faith is the denial of observation so that beliefs can be preserved."

*{CHS}* Putch: im bringing sexxy back
*pWp*T@D*: I brought it back. But you are more then welcomed to fluff it.

<-H$*SoStoned / Pillies -: whos your quake fun person of the year taddie bear?!?!??!
*pWp*T@D*: me... dipshit.
*pWp*T@D*: Im the fun
http://www.pwpclan.org

2 Re: $62,500 songs. on Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:13 pm

maX!ma

Quake Live Member
Quake Live Member
thats sucks for her. but should of used her head....

__________________________________________________________________________________________

*pWp*T@D - people should know by now... pwp is like a "gang". Fuck with someone in our forums... and you get it back.

3 Re: $62,500 songs. on Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:36 pm

Merky

Im here fairly often!
Because of distribution, she got pwnt. Never-ever-ever upload!

http://www.hsclan.co.nr

4 Re: $62,500 songs. on Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:39 pm

rush

Quake Live Member
Quake Live Member
seeding is fo suckas

They tried to fight him
Just couldn't beat him
This manic depressive
Who walks in the rain
http://uscpmpickup.com

5 Re: $62,500 songs. on Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:46 pm

nodata

Quake Live Member
Quake Live Member
only 3 words can sum up what i'm thinking

that is bullshit

My job isn't to dive feet first into hell, but to make sure it's crowded when I get there.
Death is peace.

6 Re: $62,500 songs. on Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:55 pm

maX!ma

Quake Live Member
Quake Live Member
what is bullshit about it?

*pWp*T@D - people should know by now... pwp is like a "gang". Fuck with someone in our forums... and you get it back.

7 Re: $62,500 songs. on Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:57 pm

nodata

Quake Live Member
Quake Live Member
the fact that she has to pay so much for the songs themselves when the record companies basically give them away on itunes and napster and other music distributing sites or w/e

i wouldn't care if the fine wasn't to the record companies

My job isn't to dive feet first into hell, but to make sure it's crowded when I get there.
Death is peace.

8 Re: $62,500 songs. on Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:05 pm

maX!ma

Quake Live Member
Quake Live Member
The fact being this isn't her first defense being fined for it. Your downloading songs illegally. Then she put it up to peer to peer file share. So others downloaded it from her basically. I'm not 100% on this. But the bands or record companies could sue her? (please someone try to explain in more depth than i am) Point being this was her third trial and having a forth from what the reading said. So She is basically fucking herself over instead of paying the first time. If i read it correctly. ( i skimmed through it.)

9 Re: $62,500 songs. on Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:11 pm

Virtuosity

Leader
Leader
How do you disable uploading?

10 Re: $62,500 songs. on Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:12 pm

nodata

Quake Live Member
Quake Live Member
maX!ma wrote:The fact being this isn't her first defense being fined for it. Your downloading songs illegally. Then she put it up to peer to peer file share. So others downloaded it from her basically. I'm not 100% on this. But the bands or record companies could sue her? (please someone try to explain in more depth than i am) Point being this was her third trial and having a forth from what the reading said. So She is basically fucking herself over instead of paying the first time. If i read it correctly. ( i skimmed through it.)

it also would make sense IF she was being sued, from what i could tell she wasn't being sued

Death is peace.

11 Re: $62,500 songs. on Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:15 pm

Virtuosity

Leader
Leader
maX!ma wrote:The fact being this isn't her first defense being fined for it. Your downloading songs illegally. Then she put it up to peer to peer file share. So others downloaded it from her basically. I'm not 100% on this. But the bands or record companies could sue her? (please someone try to explain in more depth than i am) Point being this was her third trial and having a forth from what the reading said. So She is basically fucking herself over instead of paying the first time. If i read it correctly. ( i skimmed through it.)

Bands don't sue just the recording companies...

The artists don't own the songs when they sign contracts with recording deals.. the recording studio does.

12 Re: $62,500 songs. on Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:18 pm

maX!ma

Quake Live Member
Quake Live Member
yeah i said the record companies. but yeah. you got the idea. But didn't it say something about
Recording Industry Association of America being pleased by recent decisions. It said that RIAA own 4 record labels as well. So is that anything?
(i'm trying to get the basic understanding myself atm.)

13 Re: $62,500 songs. on Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:18 pm

rush

Quake Live Member
Quake Live Member
virtuosity wrote:How do you disable uploading?

lern 2 torrent

They tried to fight him
Just couldn't beat him
This manic depressive
Who walks in the rain
http://uscpmpickup.com

14 Re: $62,500 songs. on Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:19 pm

nodata

Quake Live Member
Quake Live Member
virtuosity wrote:

The artists don't own the songs when they sign contracts with recording deals.. the recording studio does.

i thought that if the artist wrote the song, it was his/hers

Death is peace.

15 Re: $62,500 songs. on Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:21 pm

Virtuosity

Leader
Leader
rush wrote:
virtuosity wrote:How do you disable uploading?

lern 2 torrent
I don't care to much to learn how to use everything on bit torrent.. I just download and stop lol

nodata wrote:
virtuosity wrote:

i thought that if the artist wrote the song, it was his/hers

Yeah until they sign a recording deal.

16 Re: $62,500 songs. on Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:05 am

Cap'n jack Sparrow

Im here fairly often!
Well if you download and stop...you've stopped uploading.. if you let the shit run even after 100% you're seeding

But either way you're gonna be seeding while you're downloading teh shit

17 Re: $62,500 songs. on Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:57 pm

PancakeJesus

I Just got here!
Can you still get sued even if u have deleted the file sharing program completely? I hope not

18 Re: $62,500 songs. on Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:22 pm

T@D

*pWp*Founder*
*pWp*Founder*
It's a 1 in a billion chance to get sued really. (uneducated estimation) It really costs more then it's worth to go after people that torrent or direct p2p. The way to "protect" yourself is to always disable sharing and "only download files you already own, for backup purposes". The laws have some fortunate loopholes to get around the legalities. Having Torrent programs or p2p programs on your computer is not illegal. Having files on your computer can not be linked back to any program... so no need to worry.

"Science adjusts it's views based on what's observed.... Faith is the denial of observation so that beliefs can be preserved."

<-H$*SoStoned / Pillies -: whos your quake fun person of the year taddie bear?!?!??!

19 Re: $62,500 songs. on Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:25 pm

PancakeJesus

I Just got here!
kk yay

20 Re: $62,500 songs. on Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:25 pm

PancakeJesus

I Just got here!
well not that ive done tht or anythin...

21 Re: $62,500 songs. on Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:51 pm

Virtuosity

Leader
Leader
T@D wrote:It's a 1 in a billion chance to get sued really. (uneducated estimation) It really costs more then it's worth to go after people that torrent or direct p2p. The way to "protect" yourself is to always disable sharing and "only download files you already own, for backup purposes". The laws have some fortunate loopholes to get around the legalities. Having Torrent programs or p2p programs on your computer is not illegal. Having files on your computer can not be linked back to any program... so no need to worry.

Yeah sounds good but one problem.. all they need to do to prove you wrong is ask the ISP what websites you downloaded from and such..

22 Re: $62,500 songs. on Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:11 pm

T@D

*pWp*Founder*
*pWp*Founder*
Torrents don't download "from a website". You get "bits" from people of a file through ports. If I'm not mistaken, an ISP cam only supply IP addresses visited.... if that is true then they can not track your DL unless they do while you are in the act and piece together the information.

Downloading a torrent file is legal. As is downloading a torrent loader. The act of piracy is illegal. Same as owning a gun and bullets.... they are legal unless used illegally.

23 Re: $62,500 songs. on Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:16 pm

Merky

Im here fairly often!
One method companies use is that they will have somebody seeding these torrents and downloading them too. This way they can monitor traffic ingoing and outgoing as it is peer-to-peer meaning your IP address is 100% visible to any packet logging programs and sniffers. They will then use that IP address to contact your ISP. Likely hand over some fancy legal documents to them forcing them to give your details to the company, which then gives them the right to give you the fancy documents. You then get pwned. Unless you move to Sweden (that's how thepiratebay pwn their legal crap 98% of the time).

24 Re: $62,500 songs. on Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:29 pm

Virtuosity

Leader
Leader
Merky wrote:One method companies use is that they will have somebody seeding these torrents and downloading them too. This way they can monitor traffic ingoing and outgoing as it is peer-to-peer meaning your IP address is 100% visible to any packet logging programs and sniffers. They will then use that IP address to contact your ISP. Likely hand over some fancy legal documents to them forcing them to give your details to the company, which then gives them the right to give you the fancy documents. You then get pwned. Unless you move to Sweden (that's how thepiratebay pwn their legal crap 98% of the time).

Lmao speaking about the pirate bay have you seen the companies that write them letters demanding them to shut down the torrents?

thepiratebay.org/legal

EDIT: How do you disable uploading?

I am using uTorrent

25 Re: $62,500 songs. on Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:47 am

Merky

Im here fairly often!
Yeah the pirate bay are the best lol.

Not entirely sure how you could completely disable it, I prefer direct download sites where you pay for membership, e.g. megaupload.
I guess one method if you are really safety cautious is to make the upload speed as slow as possible, and also allow only 1 connection. That way it'll be even less likely than it already is for you to get in trouble if you are downloading "backups".

Try 0 or 1 for the upload slots. Not sure if 0 = unlimited for this part of the settings.
Although, the whole point of torrents is for everybody to share, or else you may aswell just use a direct download site. I use megaupload (used to use rapidshare, it's gay now). Most of the time it's faster than your average torrent.

www.katz.cd < direct download directory

The best part of direct downloads is the fact that no companies will ever get the info of who downloaded what. If the file is illegal (and gets reported) itll get removed. Loads of people will simply re-upload it and will have several links for the same thing. Works better for me.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum