You are not connected. Please login or register

QL Update

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 QL Update on Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:42 pm

__Smokey__

Leader
Leader
http://www.quakelive.com/forum/showthread.php?6630-Match-Stats-amp-Upcoming-Updates

SyncError wrote:
Upcoming Updates

We currently have two updates planned for this month between now and the US Thanksgiving holiday, also known in other parts of the world as 'DreamHack'. This coming Tuesday, Nov. 16th in addition to bringing some new Premium content (maps, awards, advanced server options), we plan to perform a major backend hardware change that has been a year in the making. We will be moving to a new database solution and deploying various newly coded backend daemons. This infrastructure change will require major downtime, most likely approaching 8 hours. We will be going offline around 11am CST Tuesday morning and will be coming back online near 7pm later that day.

We also have a second update currently scheduled for the following Monday, Nov. 22nd (our usually Tuesday will not be a viable update day due to several people being out of the office for holiday travels). This second update will bring additional premium content that we hope to finalize and get in game before the DreamHack tournament. These changes are still in the development, so we'll bring more information next week in regards to both its content, progress, and whether or not we will be able to make the release prior to DreamHack.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

NuckingFuts: i dont care who i frag. or who frags me. long as its legit frags all around.

2 Re: QL Update on Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:14 pm

ReAper

Quake Live Member
Quake Live Member
Kudos for them having the common sense to do it on a weekday while most of us are working anyway heh - downtime on weekends is f'n retarded.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

3 Re: QL Update on Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:51 pm

__Smokey__

Leader
Leader
agreed... hopefully we (PRO Sunscribers) will FINALLY be able to change the gametype from the server without having to close and make a new one...

NuckingFuts: i dont care who i frag. or who frags me. long as its legit frags all around.

4 Re: QL Update on Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:52 pm

rush

Quake Live Member
Quake Live Member
i wish i was a pro sun-scriber

They tried to fight him
Just couldn't beat him
This manic depressive
Who walks in the rain
http://uscpmpickup.com

5 Re: QL Update on Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:36 pm

rush

Quake Live Member
Quake Live Member
QUAKE LIVE is currently offline for an update. Adding QL Premium Pak 4 w/ 2 maps, premium awards, and new advanced server options.

One of new pro server options will be highly recognizable to Quake 3 Rocket Arena fans. Now play those RA3 maps with Damage Through Floors.

Of course if we are going to introduce a Damage Through Floors option, we just have to add ra3map1 - Evolution.

Feedback shows that many players enjoyed this weekend's DevPick, glad to hear it! Instant Weapon Switching is now a new pro server option.

Many Capture fans have been interested in playing Team Arena CTF levels without runes, so pro users can now spin up TA maps without runes.

Wish that you could allow callvoting mid-game on your own server? Server owners can now choose if or when callvoting is allowed.

Users were mixed about our recent Quad nerf. Pro servers can now be launched with Quad Factor 2x, 3x, 4x, or even an excessive 6x damage.

Quake 2 and Quake 4 fans might be interested in the new Ramp Jumping behavior, now available via the Advanced Server Options.

They tried to fight him
Just couldn't beat him
This manic depressive
Who walks in the rain

6 Re: QL Update on Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:29 pm

T@D

*pWp*Founder*
*pWp*Founder*
How can you have 2x Quad damage? Isn't that like a 3 beer 6 pack?

"Science adjusts it's views based on what's observed.... Faith is the denial of observation so that beliefs can be preserved."

*{CHS}* Putch: im bringing sexxy back
*pWp*T@D*: I brought it back. But you are more then welcomed to fluff it.

<-H$*SoStoned / Pillies -: whos your quake fun person of the year taddie bear?!?!??!
*pWp*T@D*: me... dipshit.
*pWp*T@D*: Im the fun
http://www.pwpclan.org

7 Re: QL Update on Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:57 pm

rush

Quake Live Member
Quake Live Member
T@D wrote:How can you have 2x Quad damage? Isn't that like a 3 beer 6 pack?

it's for whiney bitches that get owned in tdm

They tried to fight him
Just couldn't beat him
This manic depressive
Who walks in the rain

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum