You are not connected. Please login or register

17 year old MN boy murders 2 convienient store workers.

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

rush

Quake Live Member
Quake Live Member
First topic message reminder :

http://www.kcci.com/r/25807638/detail.html

This is one sick fucking kid...

Basically, I want to know your thoughts on how he should be punished. Hypothetically, should he get the death penalty(if he could... not allowed in Iowa)? Should he be sent to a mental hospital for the rest of his life? Should we throw him in prison for life? I want to see your reactions before I post my thoughts.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
They tried to fight him
Just couldn't beat him
This manic depressive
Who walks in the rain
http://uscpmpickup.com

nodata

Quake Live Member
Quake Live Member
he was talking more for lethal injection or stuff like that i'm sure

like i said, firing squad was the best execution style out there

Virtuosity

Leader
Leader
nodata wrote:he was talking more for lethal injection or stuff like that i'm sure

Well no lets not go overboard with it. We aren't savages.

But I definitely think they deserve to be put on a death sentence. I also think rapists should be murdered as well.

T@D

*pWp*Founder*
*pWp*Founder*
You can't use the "every action has...." arguement really. Using that statement his penalty should have an opposite reation to his crimes....meaning what? He ended 2 lives so how would an opposite reactiom work?

And if I remember right...the reasons that it costs more over all arnt equated as a case by case. They are factoring in the cost of specialty housing, seperate staffing, and other costs associated with death row. If it cost 100 million for a prision to house 1000 inmates and it costs 50 million for the seperate section that houses 50 people then ya.....per capita it is more. Also letting them sit for 15 years or more all equate into the cost.

Someone admitting to murder and being put to death within a year of their conviction would cost a small percentage of what they currently spend.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

"Science adjusts it's views based on what's observed.... Faith is the denial of observation so that beliefs can be preserved."

*{CHS}* Putch: im bringing sexxy back
*pWp*T@D*: I brought it back. But you are more then welcomed to fluff it.

<-H$*SoStoned / Pillies -: whos your quake fun person of the year taddie bear?!?!??!
*pWp*T@D*: me... dipshit.
*pWp*T@D*: Im the fun
http://www.pwpclan.org

maX!ma

Quake Live Member
Quake Live Member
Haunter wrote:Only 2 people? :\ Out of the billions I don't see why this matters. It will be forgotten about in about 2 weeks.

what about their family?
How do you think they feel?
Just for example.
What if i killed your mother? How would you feel? Would you forget about her in 2 weeks?
imo. The kid should have a slow painful death.

*pWp*T@D - people should know by now... pwp is like a "gang". Fuck with someone in our forums... and you get it back.
http://www.pwpclan.org

Virtuosity

Leader
Leader
We are also forgetting that this kid is underage...

Not saying that is an excuse but just throwing that out there.

rush

Quake Live Member
Quake Live Member
Did any of you watch the video? The motherfucker smiles and thinks its funny that the police have him cuffed up....

They tried to fight him
Just couldn't beat him
This manic depressive
Who walks in the rain
http://uscpmpickup.com

Virtuosity

Leader
Leader
rush wrote:Did any of you watch the video? The motherfucker smiles and thinks its funny that the police have him cuffed up....

Yeah I saw that.. didn't know what that was about.. if he was truly laughing at what he did then he has serious issues.

nodata

Quake Live Member
Quake Live Member
virtuosity wrote:
nodata wrote:he was talking more for lethal injection or stuff like that i'm sure

Well no lets not go overboard with it. We aren't savages.

But I definitely think they deserve to be put on a death sentence. I also think rapists should be murdered as well.

is it savage to put a bullet in someone's head when it's obvious they deserve it like this kid does?

My job isn't to dive feet first into hell, but to make sure it's crowded when I get there.
Death is peace.

Clip_

Quake Live Member
Quake Live Member
Very late on this but whatever.

Here's the thing, sure this one kid may deserve a 'slow painful death' but if they did that, it would set a precedent for all murders like this. And trust me, all murders are not so black and white. Say in the future a kid does something very similar to this, but the people he killed were dirtbags who, for example, were wife beaters and the kid was friends with the wives. The prosecution in that case would use this case as a precedent, meaning they would put the kid to death just like you guys say should happen in this case. Is that fair? No. That's why people need to take more consideration into this. Nodata, I'm not trying to call you out or be a dick, but your idea of what should be done "for every single case" is absolutely moronic. Things are very rarely so black and white. What if a man was killing someone who raped his daughter? According to you he would be "bludgeoned with pool balls coming out of a pitching machine" until he died or whatever you said. You really need a reality check.

As for the example I gave, DO NOT take it so literally, it was just my way of trying to make a point. Don't dissect it, just understand the message I'm sending.

As for the money it costs to house a criminal over how much it costs to put someone to death, I'm not sure where your numbers are coming from, but I'm almost positive it is much less to kill someone than to house them for life. Why do you think so many states are talking more and more about the death penalty? It's cheap. In California they released something like 25,000 inmates (I think) from prisons because it was so damn expensive. States can't afford to have so many inmates, so they're lightening up on sentences. Hey, instead of a year in jail, give them 30 days and paroll. Hey, instead of housing the bastard for the rest of his miserable life, kill him. It's just easier.

Back to this kid for a moment. It's pretty obvious that there is something wrong with him. Now of course what he did is absolutely horrible, but take a second and imagine being his mother or father. How would you feel if your kid was so messed up that he did this, and that he was going to be put to death and remembered as a horrible, cruel, ruthless murderer when he wasn't always that way, and that it might not be his fault that his mind is so wrecked. Just think about it..

Anyway, I know this was a bit long-winded but stuff like this gets to me sometimes.

(●̮̮̃•̃). Hello , Ima Monster
Song of the Week (ADMIT IT!!!)
Just Breathe.
-------------------
QuakeLive: Driven
Yahoo: Clip_Driven

nodata

Quake Live Member
Quake Live Member
i wasn't including self defence or the defence of family/friends clip

My job isn't to dive feet first into hell, but to make sure it's crowded when I get there.
Death is peace.

Clip_

Quake Live Member
Quake Live Member
nodata wrote:my punishment views i think should stand with everyone, not just this one case

Edit: I was re-reading my post and I think I came off a little too harshly than I meant. Perhaps "moronic" wasn't exactly the right word..

(●̮̮̃•̃). Hello , Ima Monster
Song of the Week (ADMIT IT!!!)
Just Breathe.
-------------------
QuakeLive: Driven
Yahoo: Clip_Driven

nodata

Quake Live Member
Quake Live Member
actually no...that fits perfectly cuz i didn't consider the self-defense thing...

in my defense tho...that was the first time self-defense based murders were brought up this whole time

Death is peace.

Virtuosity

Leader
Leader
Exactly what I was trying to say.. not quite into detail but people can be fucked up in the head and it might not be their fault.. hence what mental institutions are for.

Only problem is family members of the people that were killed wouldn't want him to get away with it.

Now as far as housing inmates for life sentences I think is crap... I know they are still humans but damn it is way expensive.. especially for the fact that I have to pay these damn high taxes which just ends up going towards housing inmates, supporting illegal immigrants & whatever else the state does with our damn money.

nodata

Quake Live Member
Quake Live Member
$20,000 on a hammer, $30,000 on a toilet seat

Death is peace.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum