You are not connected. Please login or register

Chaos in the Ps3 Scene! Retaliation toward Sony

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Roachleader

avatar
I'm here way too much!
First topic message reminder :

If any of you haven't been reading up on what's currently going on in the Playstation scene pertaining to the Playstation 3 console as of now, here's a few things to get you caught up to the basic level.

George Hotz was sued for bypassing the security in his own playstation 3 console that he paid for, and distributing the exploit on the internet. this, in time, kickstarted the ps3 hacking scene, with lawsuits, custom firmwares, jailbreak dongles, DMCA takedowns, and bans everywhere.

as of a few days ago, a group, announcing themselves as "Anonymous" has taken down
Sony.com (now back online though unfortunately) and Playstation.com (still down as of a few hours ago)

More Information found here: http://www.nextgenupdate.com/forums/playstation-3-exploits-hacks/363916-anon-brought-down-sony-com-playstation-com-cause-behind-maintenance.html

announcement:





i, to be honest, fully support what they're doing. Sony has done quite a few things to piss people off, i believe it's time they got a taste of the anger that we (the consumers) feel toward them for the unlawful removal of an advertised feature (OtherOS support), among other feature removals/security failures (the credit card leaks).


Roachleader


I'm here way too much!
PS. on the bottom of that post is a txt file with IRC logs in it. read that for a bit more information about how vulnerable they were.

T@D

avatar
*pWp*Founder*
*pWp*Founder*
So your "from what I read" info always comes from a site dedicated to hacking/pirating/modding? May want to read other, non-bias sources. You should never just read 1 source to begin with, less alone just get info from a site that is against sony from the start...


__________________________________________________________________________________________




"Science adjusts it's views based on what's observed.... Faith is the denial of observation so that beliefs can be preserved."


*{CHS}* Putch: im bringing sexxy back
*pWp*T@D*: I brought it back. But you are more then welcomed to fluff it.

<-H$*SoStoned / Pillies -: whos your quake fun person of the year taddie bear?!?!??!
*pWp*T@D*: me... dipshit.
*pWp*T@D*: Im the fun
.
http://www.pwpclan.org

Roachleader

avatar
I'm here way too much!
the two websites i post from, almost always have external sources for their information. the PS blog, Sony's twitter, etc.

T@D

avatar
*pWp*Founder*
*pWp*Founder*
Roachleader wrote:the two websites i post from, almost always have external sources for their information. the PS blog, Sony's twitter, etc.

That's all fine and dandy, except they are taking what sony says and either adding to it or perpetuating rumors or just making shit up..... which you seem to be promoting when you say things.

Sony said "The entire credit card table was encrypted and we have no evidence that credit card data was taken.".... but you say "2.2 million credit card numbers were stolen". Sony never said that...

Why not JUST get your info from sony then? Because you don't believe them? Then how would these other sites know? You are still basing your "findings" a lot on what is in websites that are speculating. Just because a site quotes a source, spins it or adds rumors to it, doesn't make it reliable.


"Sony said on their site that they didn't loose any CC numbers, but I looked at my statement and there are $1,000,000 worth of charges that I never made that came from Antarctica from a tanning salon!! I called Sony and they told me that they had investigated and caught the perpetrator. He was hard to find because he was a polar bear that moved from the north pole and since tanning, became a brown bear. But they assured me they would refund 1/10th of my money since they couldn't get the rest back because they were going to use it to fund a mission to mars. I don't know, but I think sony is lying to me about something."


See how easy it is to take a fact, then just build a story around it?


__________________________________________________________________________________________




"Science adjusts it's views based on what's observed.... Faith is the denial of observation so that beliefs can be preserved."


*{CHS}* Putch: im bringing sexxy back
*pWp*T@D*: I brought it back. But you are more then welcomed to fluff it.

<-H$*SoStoned / Pillies -: whos your quake fun person of the year taddie bear?!?!??!
*pWp*T@D*: me... dipshit.
*pWp*T@D*: Im the fun
.
http://www.pwpclan.org

Roachleader

avatar
I'm here way too much!
everything i read on those sites, i ALWAYS check the sources, for anything related to sony. now verification is not the reason, i just find these topic very interesting a lot of the time. i just find out the basic news from these sites, then read more elsewhere.

i don't get it from sony directly because they usually don't post the information about their legal issues, other sites that host legal documents usually do, and i read the PDF files there. i COULD, theoretically get the psn information from them, but it wouldn't be complete, they don't post their press releases there, you can find that on news sites.

and i read into that cc info thing, i had my information jumbled, it's possible that they were taken, but sony was just warning people to be cautious about watching their information. my mistake.

T@D

avatar
*pWp*Founder*
*pWp*Founder*
Merky wrote:T@D, in the underground on the interwebz, credit cards are sold are as little as 0.22 dollars each. Using CC's for real world purchasing doesn't really work out, mainly because they have to be delivered somewhere or you have to actually go to the store to use it, if that CC is stolen paranoia kicks in. I would have been happy with 1m Very Happy

As low as .22? For a credit card that has an average worth of $2,111?. You're hopping on the "I wanna make shit up too" bandwagon as well?

I'm not sure what sites you try and buy your cc numbers from but, selling 4 billion dollars worth of information is not even realistic in any world. No one would spend all that time to steal info and sell it for nothing.

Here's some info that proves that is more then likely wrong... http://cyberinsecure.com/top-quality-stolen-credit-cards-and-bank-details-for-sale/ and http://blogs.creditcards.com/2008/02/sorry-but-your-identitys-only-worth-chump-change.php
The "Cheapest" i found ever reported was $.50 per card with out the CVC. And you can't do much without that anyway.

As far as laundering money, it's fairly easy to do. You don't have to buy anything. There are plenty of money services out there. You can use Western Union, bank transfers, and the most popular.... a poker/casino site that allows fund sharing. (Thats why they are always in heat from the government). I assume the vast majority if not all of people that are buying card numbers are not buying stuff online and shipping to their house... You can get the money off the card in cash in many many other ways.


__________________________________________________________________________________________




"Science adjusts it's views based on what's observed.... Faith is the denial of observation so that beliefs can be preserved."


*{CHS}* Putch: im bringing sexxy back
*pWp*T@D*: I brought it back. But you are more then welcomed to fluff it.

<-H$*SoStoned / Pillies -: whos your quake fun person of the year taddie bear?!?!??!
*pWp*T@D*: me... dipshit.
*pWp*T@D*: Im the fun
.
http://www.pwpclan.org

Merky

avatar
Im here fairly often!
T@D wrote:
Merky wrote:T@D, in the underground on the interwebz, credit cards are sold are as little as 0.22 dollars each. Using CC's for real world purchasing doesn't really work out, mainly because they have to be delivered somewhere or you have to actually go to the store to use it, if that CC is stolen paranoia kicks in. I would have been happy with 1m Very Happy

As low as .22? For a credit card that has an average worth of $2,111?. You're hopping on the "I wanna make shit up too" bandwagon as well?

I'm not sure what sites you try and buy your cc numbers from but, selling 4 billion dollars worth of information is not even realistic in any world. No one would spend all that time to steal info and sell it for nothing.

Here's some info that proves that is more then likely wrong... http://cyberinsecure.com/top-quality-stolen-credit-cards-and-bank-details-for-sale/ and http://blogs.creditcards.com/2008/02/sorry-but-your-identitys-only-worth-chump-change.php
The "Cheapest" i found ever reported was $.50 per card with out the CVC. And you can't do much without that anyway.

As far as laundering money, it's fairly easy to do. You don't have to buy anything. There are plenty of money services out there. You can use Western Union, bank transfers, and the most popular.... a poker/casino site that allows fund sharing. (Thats why they are always in heat from the government). I assume the vast majority if not all of people that are buying card numbers are not buying stuff online and shipping to their house... You can get the money off the card in cash in many many other ways.
I can't prove it anymore, but there was a blackmarket IRC type chat room for it, credit cards were going for as low as 22 cents. There was an american documentary for it which showed several people selling credit cards for that price and higher, the documentary people put a credit card on there too but monitored it's use and 15 minutes later it was used to buy a pizza. Don't tell me im masking shut up when you don't know shit about it. Seriously.

http://www.hsclan.co.nr

Merky

avatar
Im here fairly often!
making shit up*

http://www.hsclan.co.nr

Merky

avatar
Im here fairly often!
Oh also, credit cards are sold in BATCH, for low prices because they are unchecked (don't know how many are still active etc) just like logs from keyloggers are sold in bulk, also like RAT slaves are sold in bulk.

http://www.hsclan.co.nr

Roachleader

avatar
I'm here way too much!
merky has a point though. CC's are usually sold in groups due to the fact they may be out of date/disabled/etc. and for low prices for the same reason.

T@D

avatar
*pWp*Founder*
*pWp*Founder*
I know that. You had said they were selling 2.2 million cards. That's a "batch". I wasnt questioning what was being sold (Although, sony still has said over and over that they do not have evidence the CC numbers were taken) but the fact of someone selling 2.2 million cards for 100K. Then Merk said he saw CC's sold for as low as .22..... which 2.2 million cards at .22 is still $484,000. 2.2 million cards at 100K is what, $.05 a card? Thats my point, no one is going to sell off 2.2 million cards for 100K.


__________________________________________________________________________________________




"Science adjusts it's views based on what's observed.... Faith is the denial of observation so that beliefs can be preserved."


*{CHS}* Putch: im bringing sexxy back
*pWp*T@D*: I brought it back. But you are more then welcomed to fluff it.

<-H$*SoStoned / Pillies -: whos your quake fun person of the year taddie bear?!?!??!
*pWp*T@D*: me... dipshit.
*pWp*T@D*: Im the fun
.
http://www.pwpclan.org

Merky

avatar
Im here fairly often!
I said "I" would have been happy with 1m.

http://www.hsclan.co.nr

Merky

avatar
Im here fairly often!
Quite a bit of those CC's probably no longer work, they will be sold in bulk segments.

http://www.hsclan.co.nr

Roachleader

avatar
I'm here way too much!
http://psx-scene.com/forums/f6/first-psn-now-sony-shutdowns-their-soe-network-85844/


i don't know if this is true or not, given there isn't an external source, a forum member of psx-scene is the source of information apparently. but it's not surprising tbh, sony was a bit lazy in the security of PSN, i'd expect some of their other servers would also be vulnerable.

Roachleader

avatar
I'm here way too much!
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/05/02/sony-hit-with-second-attack-loses-12-700-credit-card-nu/

shocking information there. SOE got hacked as well, they host games like Free realms, everquest, etc. i guess i might have been right on when i said sony was lazy with security.

Roachleader

avatar
I'm here way too much!
http://psx-scene.com/forums/f6/psn-hack-inside-job-85869/

according to psx scene, this MAY be an inside job, due to the fact they laid off a couple hundred workers. but there isn't really much hard evidence yet to prove that theory. it's all speculation at this point, but they do have a point. it is strange how they fired 200+ workers and quickly after, both systems are compromised.

T@D

avatar
*pWp*Founder*
*pWp*Founder*
Thats a good possibility from the lay offs.


__________________________________________________________________________________________




"Science adjusts it's views based on what's observed.... Faith is the denial of observation so that beliefs can be preserved."


*{CHS}* Putch: im bringing sexxy back
*pWp*T@D*: I brought it back. But you are more then welcomed to fluff it.

<-H$*SoStoned / Pillies -: whos your quake fun person of the year taddie bear?!?!??!
*pWp*T@D*: me... dipshit.
*pWp*T@D*: Im the fun
.
http://www.pwpclan.org

T@D

avatar
*pWp*Founder*
*pWp*Founder*


__________________________________________________________________________________________




"Science adjusts it's views based on what's observed.... Faith is the denial of observation so that beliefs can be preserved."


*{CHS}* Putch: im bringing sexxy back
*pWp*T@D*: I brought it back. But you are more then welcomed to fluff it.

<-H$*SoStoned / Pillies -: whos your quake fun person of the year taddie bear?!?!??!
*pWp*T@D*: me... dipshit.
*pWp*T@D*: Im the fun
.
http://www.pwpclan.org

Roachleader

avatar
I'm here way too much!
i kinda figured Anonymous wasn't responsible for the psn breach, because all they've shown is a barrage of LOIC attacks aimed at Sony's servers.

Pornfish

avatar
Quake III Member
Quake III Member
Just bringing some closure to the topic:

Sony has offered a "Welcome back package" that lets users have a pick of 2/5 games for free and a free 30 day subscription to Playstation Plus (more free games for a month, nice discounts):

-Super Stardust HD
-LittleBigPlanet
-Infamous
-Dead Nation
-Wipeout HD/Fury

These are very decent games, if a little old.

Needless to say, there's still tons of self-entitled douchebags complaining this is not enough reward for the excruitiating pain they had to endure for the last month. It just goes to prove you'll never make people happy.


I don't think there's much left to discuss but I'll leave it open for a few days.


__________________________________________________________________________________________
"butts" -butts

Roachleader

avatar
I'm here way too much!
it's great to have psn back online, but the whole 30 days of free PS Plus thing is bullshit tbh. when that 30 days runs out, anything purchased with PS+ becomes unusable.

not that it really matters to me. the free games offer is definately compensation enough IMHO.


Playstation store is still down though. they said some services are still under maintenance for a few more weeks.

nodata

avatar
Quake Live Member
Quake Live Member
Pornfish wrote:Needless to say, there's still tons of self-entitled douchebags complaining this is not enough reward for the excruitiating pain they had to endure for the last month. It just goes to prove you'll never make people happy.
Cuz it's totally Sony's fault they got hacked...

That's like saying it's my fault Kami hacked/cracked my xfire account(and yes, he really did...all he did was put a custom status saying I was gay and pm'd some of my friends that...fucking no life -.-).


__________________________________________________________________________________________


My job isn't to dive feet first into hell, but to make sure it's crowded when I get there.
Death is peace.

T@D

avatar
*pWp*Founder*
*pWp*Founder*
nodata wrote:
Pornfish wrote:Needless to say, there's still tons of self-entitled douchebags complaining this is not enough reward for the excruitiating pain they had to endure for the last month. It just goes to prove you'll never make people happy.
Cuz it's totally Sony's fault they got hacked...

That's like saying it's my fault Kami hacked/cracked my xfire account(and yes, he really did...all he did was put a custom status saying I was gay and pm'd some of my friends that...fucking no life -.-).

If I read that right, you completely contradicted yourself.

You are saying it's not your fault that Kami hacked your xfire. Because you were the one hacked.
But it IS Sony's fault someone hacked them? Since they were the one hacked...


__________________________________________________________________________________________




"Science adjusts it's views based on what's observed.... Faith is the denial of observation so that beliefs can be preserved."


*{CHS}* Putch: im bringing sexxy back
*pWp*T@D*: I brought it back. But you are more then welcomed to fluff it.

<-H$*SoStoned / Pillies -: whos your quake fun person of the year taddie bear?!?!??!
*pWp*T@D*: me... dipshit.
*pWp*T@D*: Im the fun
.
http://www.pwpclan.org

nodata

avatar
Quake Live Member
Quake Live Member
First bit was sarcasm


__________________________________________________________________________________________


My job isn't to dive feet first into hell, but to make sure it's crowded when I get there.
Death is peace.

T@D

avatar
*pWp*Founder*
*pWp*Founder*
Ah ok. That's what I had hoped Smile And why I added teh disclaimer "If I read that right" lol


__________________________________________________________________________________________




"Science adjusts it's views based on what's observed.... Faith is the denial of observation so that beliefs can be preserved."


*{CHS}* Putch: im bringing sexxy back
*pWp*T@D*: I brought it back. But you are more then welcomed to fluff it.

<-H$*SoStoned / Pillies -: whos your quake fun person of the year taddie bear?!?!??!
*pWp*T@D*: me... dipshit.
*pWp*T@D*: Im the fun
.
http://www.pwpclan.org

nodata

avatar
Quake Live Member
Quake Live Member
Sorry for the confusion Razz next time I'll put "sarcasm" in parenthesis lol


__________________________________________________________________________________________


My job isn't to dive feet first into hell, but to make sure it's crowded when I get there.
Death is peace.

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum