You are not connected. Please login or register

Trolling the christians.

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Trolling the christians. on Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:47 pm

T@D

avatar
*pWp*Founder*
*pWp*Founder*
I saw a article today on Yahoo news and started to read the comments....... I was bored, so figured I would chime in as well.

The article is basically some people wanting to put a cross in the WTC memorial, but no other religious symbols. The cross in question is made from beams from the WTC after collapse...that has set the past 10 years in a church as a reminder what happened, to that church. The cross has been deemed a religious symbol by the people who had possession of it. The lawsuit basically states "Remove it, or give equal space for all religions". To me, that seems a fair compromise. But the christians refuse. The main issue is this project is largely funded by federal money, meaning, the government can not use money that will promote, in any way, a specific religion.

Heres the article....

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/atheist-group-sues-over-proposed-cross-9-11-180949616.html

And off to my trolling Smile I was bored....






































__________________________________________________________________________________________




"Science adjusts it's views based on what's observed.... Faith is the denial of observation so that beliefs can be preserved."


*{CHS}* Putch: im bringing sexxy back
*pWp*T@D*: I brought it back. But you are more then welcomed to fluff it.

<-H$*SoStoned / Pillies -: whos your quake fun person of the year taddie bear?!?!??!
*pWp*T@D*: me... dipshit.
*pWp*T@D*: Im the fun
.
http://www.pwpclan.org

2 Re: Trolling the christians. on Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:36 pm

p1x3L


I Just got here!
u troll with proper grammar. QQ

brb creating a yahoo account to troll :>

3 Re: Trolling the christians. on Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:10 pm

Angel


I Just got here!

LOL! XD

4 Re: Trolling the christians. on Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:31 pm

p1x3L


I Just got here!
waiting for that one special comment where i can post this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0

5 Re: Trolling the christians. on Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:39 pm

p1x3L


I Just got here!
real. they deleted my link Sad

6 Re: Trolling the christians. on Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:28 pm

Pornfish

avatar
Quake III Member
Quake III Member
Pet Mom wrote:I would like to say to all the non-believers out there...I would rather live my life believing that Jesus is real and find out in the end that he never existed, than to live my life not believing than find out in the end that in fact he does exsist! What do I have to lose?

I just love it when people use this argument. It's the clear sign someone believes because they've been brainwashed to and not as a result of reflection and thought.

It's also almost always counter-productive to their attempt to "convert" people.


__________________________________________________________________________________________
"butts" -butts

7 Re: Trolling the christians. on Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:15 pm

T@D

avatar
*pWp*Founder*
*pWp*Founder*
p1x3L wrote:real. they deleted my link Sad

I don't believe you can post links. It may show for a moment but gets picked up bu the yahoo bot and removed.


__________________________________________________________________________________________




"Science adjusts it's views based on what's observed.... Faith is the denial of observation so that beliefs can be preserved."


*{CHS}* Putch: im bringing sexxy back
*pWp*T@D*: I brought it back. But you are more then welcomed to fluff it.

<-H$*SoStoned / Pillies -: whos your quake fun person of the year taddie bear?!?!??!
*pWp*T@D*: me... dipshit.
*pWp*T@D*: Im the fun
.
http://www.pwpclan.org

8 Re: Trolling the christians. on Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:05 pm

T@D

avatar
*pWp*Founder*
*pWp*Founder*
I've gotten to the point that I'm not worried about "offending" anyone anymore with what I believe or don't believe. My change in views have cost me a lot of friends, which is sad to see.....but proves that religion can cause people not only completely alter their thoughts on a person, but bring out a bigoted side of them. I see on my face book wall every day someone asking for people to "pray" for this or "pray for that. I completely support your right to do that and in no way am I bothered by reading anything anyone posts about their beliefs. It is unfortunate though to see how many people who make belief claims don't actually lead the life they claim is the right path. It's sad to see the bible cherry picked for some who only want to use the passages of the bible that support their way of life. Then when they get "caught" doing something wrong, they blanket it with the "jesus said we are all sinners" line to dilute their acts. But still, even with that........ do what you want. Believe what you want. I won't tell you that I think you are wrong... I just ask for that same respect in return. Live life how ever it makes you happy as long as it stays in the realms of legality.

But here is my issue. After a long debate yesterday, I realized the biggest problem I have is people that completely lack the knowledge of what they are talking about. Although, it is hard to blame people at times due to the fact I grew up in church and was also spoon fed the same incorrect information, but the fact of the matter is simple... there are things that can be researched. There is information outside on the bible. Just because a pastor tells you something, that does not mean you should take it for face value every time.

During the debate yesterday, over and over and over again I kept hearing the same thing. The same thing that was embedded into me when I was young.."America is a Christian nation". Has anyone actually taken the time to read the facts on that stance? Are there really people out there that believe that the USA was "founded on christian morals and beliefs".......has anyone even taken time to pick up a history book?

While it is a fact that a majority of the founding fathers of this country did have a belief in god, there is no evidence that this country was built on that stand point. In fact, most of the information and records we have prove the exact opposite. This country was not founded by "christians"...it was founded by secularists and deists. That is a fact. Claiming the founding fathers were christians because some were is like claiming that they were actually agnostic....since some were as well. Since I made a point to say my reasonings for my issue was due to the fact that people not taking the time to do any type of research, I will add a few examples.

The Treaty of Tripoli, Article 11 written in 1796 and unanimously approved by our government and signed by John Adams in 1797. " As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion; as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquillity, of Mussulmen; and, as the said States never entered into any war, or act of hostility against any Mahometan nation, it is declared by the parties, that no pretext arising from religious opinions, shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries."

John Tyler, our 10th president in an 1843 letter: "The United States have adventured upon a great and noble experiment, which is believed to have been hazarded in the absence of all previous precedent -- that of total separation of Church and State. No religious establishment by law exists among us. The conscience is left free from all restraint and each is permitted to worship his Maker after his own judgment. The offices of the Government are open alike to all.

Thomas Jefferson: "Question with boldness even the existence of God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear."....."Religions are all alike - founded upon fables and mythologies."....."History, I believe, furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people maintaining a free civil government. This marks the lowest grade of ignorance of which their civil as well as religious leaders will always avail themselves for their own purposes" ..."Christianity is the most perverted system that ever shone on man."

Ben Franklin: "The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason."..."I have found Christian dogma unintelligible. Early in life, I absenteed myself from Christian assemblies."..."Lighthouses are more helpful than churches."

Thomas Paine: "Whenever we read the obscene stories, the voluptuous debaucheries, the cruel and torturous executions, the unrelenting vindictiveness, with which more than half of the Bible is filled, it would be more consistent that we call it the word of a demon than the word of God. It is a history of wickedness that has served to corrupt and brutalize mankind."..."All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit." ..."The study of theology, as it stands in the Christian churches, is the study of nothing; it is founded on nothing; it rests on no principles; it proceeds by no authority; it has no data; it can demonstrate nothing; and it admits of no conclusion."

Those are just some of the examples. Now, the issue is simple. What makes a christian a christian? Jesus. That is the common bond. No where, once, ever, is the name "jesus" used in any of the governmental documentation. Ever. Just because they used the term "creator" or "Diety" does not qualify in the fundamentals of christian beliefs. Is that really hard to understand?

"In god we trust" being on our coins since 1864 and on our paper money still does not make us a christian nation. Adding "one nation under god" in 1951 to our pledge still doesn't do that. If not the fact that our country was founded well before 1864 and most assured before 1951 or 1957.... god is not "owned by christians. Jews believe in god, as do Muslims, Hindus, Mormans......satanists. Although the ideals they have about a god may vary, almost every mainstream religion believes in a god. Christians believe in jesus. Nothing says "in jesus we trust". So, if it's all the same god, isn't it as easy to call this a "jewish nation" considering it is the same god they are supporting? That wouldn't sit well, would it. Especially since the cristian faith makes a strong stance that anyone that does not believe in jesus, will go to hell....every single one. Every jew, every muslim, every agnostic or atheist, every Jehovah Witnesses, every Episcopalian, every mormon. They are all going to hell, according to christian dogma. No matter what they do or how good they lead their life. No matter how much they believe in god, they are going to hell. But if someone rapes and murders people for 20 years but in prison they "accept jesus"...they are going to heaven. I don't get it.

What it comes down to is simple (And not specific to the people that can read this, but..). Stop trying to hijack everything non religion based and turn it around to put your name in it and claim its "christian. This is not a christian nation, it never was. It never will be. It is a secular nation that "should" be based on equality, tolerance, and acceptance. Once people realize that...we may be able to turn society around and quit with the segregation due to what they do or do not believe in.


__________________________________________________________________________________________




"Science adjusts it's views based on what's observed.... Faith is the denial of observation so that beliefs can be preserved."


*{CHS}* Putch: im bringing sexxy back
*pWp*T@D*: I brought it back. But you are more then welcomed to fluff it.

<-H$*SoStoned / Pillies -: whos your quake fun person of the year taddie bear?!?!??!
*pWp*T@D*: me... dipshit.
*pWp*T@D*: Im the fun
.
http://www.pwpclan.org

9 Re: Trolling the christians. on Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:45 pm

nodata

avatar
Quake Live Member
Quake Live Member
Pornfish wrote:
Pet Mom wrote:I would like to say to all the non-believers out there...I would rather live my life believing that Jesus is real and find out in the end that he never existed, than to live my life not believing than find out in the end that in fact he does exsist! What do I have to lose?

I just love it when people use this argument. It's the clear sign someone believes because they've been brainwashed to and not as a result of reflection and thought.

It's also almost always counter-productive to their attempt to "convert" people.
To me, that argument just states that they believe, but don't believe. They say they do, but they only do that and lead that life in hopes of not "suffering" for eternity.

They're in my eyes, "Atheist Christians," which to me is worse than being an atheist.


__________________________________________________________________________________________


My job isn't to dive feet first into hell, but to make sure it's crowded when I get there.
Death is peace.

10 Re: Trolling the christians. on Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:58 am

T@D

avatar
*pWp*Founder*
*pWp*Founder*
nodata wrote:
Pornfish wrote:
Pet Mom wrote:I would like to say to all the non-believers out there...I would rather live my life believing that Jesus is real and find out in the end that he never existed, than to live my life not believing than find out in the end that in fact he does exsist! What do I have to lose?

I just love it when people use this argument. It's the clear sign someone believes because they've been brainwashed to and not as a result of reflection and thought.

It's also almost always counter-productive to their attempt to "convert" people.
To me, that argument just states that they believe, but don't believe. They say they do, but they only do that and lead that life in hopes of not "suffering" for eternity.

They're in my eyes, "Atheist Christians," which to me is worse than being an atheist.

It's called Pascals Wager. Typically the first line of defense by believers.....then usually the last, as well.

This idea was brought up in the 1600's....Hardly a new argument... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pascal%27s_Wager and extremely invalid and ignorant.


__________________________________________________________________________________________




"Science adjusts it's views based on what's observed.... Faith is the denial of observation so that beliefs can be preserved."


*{CHS}* Putch: im bringing sexxy back
*pWp*T@D*: I brought it back. But you are more then welcomed to fluff it.

<-H$*SoStoned / Pillies -: whos your quake fun person of the year taddie bear?!?!??!
*pWp*T@D*: me... dipshit.
*pWp*T@D*: Im the fun
.
http://www.pwpclan.org

11 Re: Trolling the christians. on Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:18 pm

Cap'n jack Sparrow

avatar
Im here fairly often!
I was sad.. when the trolling stopped =(

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum