You are not connected. Please login or register

Server commands

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Server commands on Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:16 pm

T@D

*pWp*Founder*
*pWp*Founder*
I want to make sure the server stays fun and enjoyable for everyone. I understand people getting bored at times or wanting to build things that may take too long over all. So, here is how I would like to do it.

Any player will have the option to play as either creative mode or survival mode. You may switch back and forth is you like via an admin command. What I do ask is this.... Do not use creative mode to full chests. What ever you use in creative mode, leaves you in creative mode. Example: Don't build a wall in Iron block so people can break it down to get the iron. What ever you use to build while in creative stays part of creative mode.

I would also prefer people that choose to play creative not to change back and forth often. Although I said you can change back, I would prefer people not issuing commands to change over and over.

I STILL do not want the give command being used. If you want to be creative...no problem, but there are people that want to stay in survival. Choosing to stay in survival means you understand you need to work for what you get.

My main thing is not to fill the chests of yourself or others with items while in CM. All CM items used should be used strictly for building only.

You have to remember...the server can only write so fast. So keep that in mind when making large builds with a lot of people on at once. If the server starts to lag, please wait it out before continuing.

Anyone playing SM, may gift items to anyone else in SM at any time.... cut creative mode items should never be gifted. (No chests full of diamonds or what ever).

Any questions or things that should be changed.....let me know here.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

"Science adjusts it's views based on what's observed.... Faith is the denial of observation so that beliefs can be preserved."

*{CHS}* Putch: im bringing sexxy back
*pWp*T@D*: I brought it back. But you are more then welcomed to fluff it.

<-H$*SoStoned / Pillies -: whos your quake fun person of the year taddie bear?!?!??!
*pWp*T@D*: me... dipshit.
*pWp*T@D*: Im the fun
http://www.pwpclan.org

2 Re: Server commands on Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:57 am

SCVroker7253

I Just got here!
I like these rules and will follow them Smile

3 Re: Server commands on Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:36 pm

nodata

Quake Live Member
Quake Live Member
When people change it from Survival to Creative, will it affect everyone or will it only affect certain people?

__________________________________________________________________________________________

My job isn't to dive feet first into hell, but to make sure it's crowded when I get there.
Death is peace.

4 Re: Server commands on Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:54 pm

Virtuosity

Leader
Leader
It only affects that one person.

5 Re: Server commands on Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:46 pm

nodata

Quake Live Member
Quake Live Member
Ah, aight, I'm happy with it all since nothing's gonna change for me. Razz

My job isn't to dive feet first into hell, but to make sure it's crowded when I get there.
Death is peace.

6 Re: Server commands on Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:44 pm

EARTH_QUAKE

Quake Live Member
Quake Live Member
yeah data it's /gamemode *player name* *0/1*

And by the way i might come on the server sometime soon. So is everyone opped? or do admins have to do the gamemode setting?

Also... what's the point of giving yourself items in survival...? pathetic, at best

EARTH_QUAKE: Hi pedobear.
ipedobear: Hi my name is pedobear. How are you?
EARTH_QUAKE: I've been better...

7 Re: Server commands on Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:52 pm

Virtuosity

Leader
Leader
EARTH_QUAKE wrote:yeah data it's /gamemode *player name* *0/1*

And by the way i might come on the server sometime soon. So is everyone opped? or do admins have to do the gamemode setting?

Also... what's the point of giving yourself items in survival...? pathetic, at best

Well besides the fact that most of us that did it, did not know you could change your game mode...

Until I discovered it on Google no one was using creative.

8 Re: Server commands on Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:35 pm

T@D

*pWp*Founder*
*pWp*Founder*
Everyone, aside from BK's cousin (I think it is) has op. So they can change game modes.

"Science adjusts it's views based on what's observed.... Faith is the denial of observation so that beliefs can be preserved."

<-H$*SoStoned / Pillies -: whos your quake fun person of the year taddie bear?!?!??!

9 Re: Server commands on Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:23 pm

Virtuosity

Leader
Leader
op?

No idea what that means, except original poster lol.

10 Re: Server commands on Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:42 am

nodata

Quake Live Member
Quake Live Member
Not entirely sure why I have the option to do it, but oh well, I might end up using it for a certain project I just thought of. Razz

Death is peace.

11 Re: Server commands on Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:00 pm

EARTH_QUAKE

Quake Live Member
Quake Live Member
op = operative... so basically heightened abilities / commands. You have to be opped to use commands such as gamemode. Oh i get why you would do that... but now that we do know about changing gamemodes and are saying that survival people should play proper survival it makes no sence to me to still allow the give command for survival players.

Also as i'm sure joe knows the newest update to craft bukkit includes a program called pail, which makes the entire controlling / management of the server so much easier. It's best feature is that you can customise every player's individual command list. Such a better system than vanilla ;P

12 Re: Server commands on Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:12 pm

Virtuosity

Leader
Leader
Survival people aren't allowed the give command.. in fact no one technically is allowed to.

Read the OP, he states it there.

13 Re: Server commands on Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:28 pm

EARTH_QUAKE

Quake Live Member
Quake Live Member
T@D wrote:
I STILL do not want the give command being used

T@D wrote: Anyone playing SM, may gift items to anyone else in SM at any time

contrasting points?

14 Re: Server commands on Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:24 pm

Virtuosity

Leader
Leader
EARTH_QUAKE wrote:
T@D wrote:
I STILL do not want the give command being used

T@D wrote: Anyone playing SM, may gift items to anyone else in SM at any time

contrasting points?

That isn't giving yourself items.

15 Re: Server commands on Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:08 pm

EARTH_QUAKE

Quake Live Member
Quake Live Member
Well giving other people items still makes it a bit less survival'ly doesn't it?

Oh hang on are we talking about sicking up items on other players or /give *player* *item*?

16 Re: Server commands on Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:53 pm

Virtuosity

Leader
Leader
EARTH_QUAKE wrote:Well giving other people items still makes it a bit less survival'ly doesn't it?

Oh hang on are we talking about sicking up items on other players or /give *player* *item*?

No idea lol.

17 Re: Server commands on Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:32 am

nodata

Quake Live Member
Quake Live Member
EARTH_QUAKE wrote:Well giving other people items still makes it a bit less survival'ly doesn't it?

What Tad was talking about was someone giving someone something from their inventory that they don't necessarily need.

Perfect example, Poison had a surplus of supplies, and gave me some of them to start me out.

Death is peace.

18 Re: Server commands on Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:34 am

T@D

*pWp*Founder*
*pWp*Founder*
^ that.. Smile

19 Re: Server commands on Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:19 pm

EARTH_QUAKE

Quake Live Member
Quake Live Member
so sicking, then.

It's funny coz of the yogascast. Everytime they press "q" they make sicking sounds. Coz it sort of looks like the player is sicking blocks Razz

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum